Open Position: Marketing Coordinator
The Organization: The MetroWest Boston Visitors Bureau (MBVB) is a nonprofit organization created to generate economic activity in the 19 municipalities of MetroWest by marketing the many tourism- and hospitality-related attractions, services, and amenities in our region. As a Regional Tourism Council, the MBVB receives state funding to market MetroWest to potential visitors (more than 50 miles away from MetroWest) and is charged with raising matching funds through income earned from programs and services, such as ad sales, membership fees, sponsorships, and contributions.
Our marketing efforts also serve to brand the region, build collaborations across sectors and towns, support jobs-producing enterprises, and inspire residents and employees to be proud of where they live and work.
The Marketing Coordinator will work directly with the Executive Director to plan and execute the organization’s marketing and advertising strategy to enhance the MBVB’s visibility as well as positioning the MetroWest region as a great place to live, work and play.
- Publications: Assist with creation of the annual Visitors Guide through copy writing, researching new attractions, supplying photo assets to graphic designer, coordination of ads, etc. Create additional ad hoc B2C publications as needed (rack cards, dining guides, etc.)
- Collateral: Design B2B brochures, sales sheets, and other collateral pieces for various target markets, including group tour operators, meeting planners, corporate sponsors, members, and advertisers.
- Website/Social Media: Work with social media agency to plan posts and ad campaigns. Manage WordPress website to keep the site dynamic and current; collaborate with staff to develop new content for site. Manage banners ads on MBVB site. Update website member listings and approve event calendar submissions.
- Advertising: Assist in strategy for outgoing ad plan (including researching new publications and formulating budgets) and oversee incoming advertising. Design print and digital ads for each campaign.
- Email marketing: Work with social media agency for creation of monthly email newsletter. Create and manage any additional email marketing to potential advertisers, members, and prospects.
- Itineraries: Develop new itineraries for the region to be posted to website and social media as well as promoted in annual Visitors Guide.
- Photo Library: Gather and organize photos and assets from members and attractions into existing photo library. Work with photographers and content creators to fill in gaps as needed.
- Analytics: Generate and present regular reports that evaluate website visitors, social media metrics, digital ad campaigns, and email marketing results.
- Quality Control: Proofread communications, ensuring all text is without errors, links are correct, information is accurate, and collateral is consistent with brand colors and standards.
- Administrative: Prepare, manage and forecast specified areas of marketing budget. Provide mid-year and year-end reports to Executive Director. Maintain calendar of ad submission deadlines and make sure assets are submitted on time.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with 2-5 years of experience in marketing, advertising, communications, and/or public relations
- Knowledge of social media platforms for organic posts and ad campaigns
- Strategic thinker with innovative vision and creativity
- Solid graphic design experience with Adobe Creative Suite needed (Photoshop required, InDesign preferred, Illustrator a plus)
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Detail-oriented, capable of managing deadlines and multiple projects
- Must be able to work independently and proactively, as well as part of a team
- Interest in marketing communications for non-profit, appreciation and/or knowledge of tourism and hospitality
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, Constant Contact, and WordPress (preferred); adept at picking up new applications
This is a full-time, hybrid position with weekly in-person meetings but ability to work remotely other days. Paid vacation, sick time, and 401K provided.
How To Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to Stacey David, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
November 17, 2023
$43,000 – $46,000