The Value of Membership
MetroWest is on the map! Through 2010 legislation proposed by Sen. Karen E. Spilka, the MetroWest Tourism & Visitors Bureau was designated as a Regional Tourism Council (RTC) and now has the exciting job of marketing the countless things to do and see and crow about in our 19 municipalities*. Let us show you off!
Our MetroWest Visitors Bureau (MWVB) is working not only to attract travelers to your business, but to market your business to MetroWest residents looking for a local service, family activity, fantastic meal, cultural experience, getaway, and more. The MWVB is the first regional effort to “brand” and market MetroWest.
Your Membership in the MWVB offers:
- High visibility among residents and visitors alike through web listings, event postings, display advertising, and referrals
- Great marketing leads and opportunities nationally and internationally, available only through our affiliation as an RTC
- Financial support: eligibility to apply for marketing funds from our grant program
Members have influence! You’ll be . . .
- Shaping the MWVB’s services: You can ensure that our organization meets your needs by giving us input about our services and about our effort—the region’s first!—to brand MetroWest
- Keeping our dollars in MetroWest: Until MetroWest became an RTC, millions of dollars in room tax collected by our region’s hotels was being sent to Boston to market its attractions and amenities. Now a significant portion of those tax revenues stays in MetroWest in the form of a grant to your MWTVB.
- Sending a message to the State Legislature: Your membership tells the Legislature that MetroWest indeed belongs on the map of state-funded Regional Tourism Councils! Show your support for this economic development initiative so that MetroWest continues to receive state funding to brand and market our region.
Join us as we put YOUR organization and MetroWest on the map!
* Ashland, Bellingham, Framingham, Franklin, Holliston, Hopedale, Hopkinton, Hudson, Marlborough, Medway, Milford, Millis, Natick, Northborough, Sherborn, Southborough, Sudbury, Wayland, Westborough, as well as 11 additional bordering towns.