The MetroWest Boston Visitors Bureau is hiring an Account Executive!
The MetroWest Boston Visitors Bureau is a nonprofit organization created to generate economic activity in the 19 municipalities of MetroWest by marketing the many attractions, services, and amenities in our region. As a Regional Tourism Council, the MBVB receives state funding to market MetroWest to potential visitors (more than 50 miles away from MetroWest) and is charged with raising matching funds through income earned from programs and services, such as ad sales, membership fees, sponsorships, and contributions.
Our marketing efforts also serve to brand the region, build collaborations across sectors and towns, support jobs-producing enterprises, and inspire residents and employees to be excited about where they live and work.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic Account Executive to represent the Visitors Bureau with potential members and sponsors. This person is responsible for building strong relationships with companies in the community in order to sell the MBVB’s advertising products and services and reach internal sales goals. While out in the community, this role will also help to raise brand awareness of the MBVB and our core mission to help with the sales process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create awareness and demand for the organization’s advertising products and services through brand education
- Research target accounts, identify key contacts and develop account-specific strategies for both previously identified prospects and new ones
- Prepare for and deliver relevant sales presentations, both in person and via Zoom, to sell advertising, memberships, sponsorships, etc. in line with the organization’s strategy and to meet sales targets
- Manage the complete sales process across all stages and document activity
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments
- Maintain communications with internal personnel to ensure efforts are in line with objectives
This individual would be responsible for selling the following MetroWest Boston Visitors Bureau products and programs:
- Membership: Bronze, Silver, Gold & Platinum memberships ranging from $100-1250 to tourism-related businesses
- Sponsorships: corporate sponsorships from non-tourism related businesses who wish to support the Visitors Bureau in exchange for exposure, benefits and/or as a charitable contribution
- Advertising in MBVB products: display advertising sales for our annual Visitors Guide, as well as banner ad sales and itinerary sponsorships for our website
- Co-op Advertising Program: selling display ad spots in our co-op print ad program that will include a variety of New England-based magazines, such as Connecticut magazine, Down East, RI Monthly, and/or New Hampshire magazine, among others
- Enthusiasm for the MBVB mission; tourism experience a plus, though not required
- Proven track record of significant sales in short time frames
- 3-5 years sales experience required; print advertising sales experience and/or sponsorship sales experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising, communications or related field preferred
- Knowledge of various relationship sales techniques with demonstrated capacity to think “outside the box”
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships
- Flexible, creative, and able to work in a non-structured work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including well-developed presentation skills
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail. Self-motivated with ability to multitask and work effectively and independently.
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Knowledge of Constant Contact or similar email marketing program and direct mail campaigns (mail merge, etc) preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Must have access to a motor vehicle
We offer a strong commission compensation package with tiered commission percentages based on revenue raised. This is a full-time, remote position with the expectation of $55-100K+ in compensation if sales targets are met, with no salary cap. While this is a remote position, only relatively local candidates will be considered, as in-person client meetings within the region are required.
Send a cover letter and resume via email to Stacey David, Acting Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org